Sunday, October 4, 2009

Street Photography

An empty trailer sits in the parking lot of Heinz Field while crews take on the mighty Allegheny river during the 2009 Head of the Ohio.


A high school rowing team struggles to de-rig their boat following the cancellation of afternoon races at the Head of the Ohio.

Duquesne University's heavyweight rowers reflect on the races of the day and wait for the decision on whether racing will continue at the Head of the Ohio. Races were postponed due to inclement weather.

A mud-soaked Duquesne rower helps strap down a boat following the cancellation of afternoon races.









3 comments:

  1. I like all the pictures, but the 2nd one with the high school squad de-rigging their boat is the best in my opinion. It captures the group as a whole in a dynamic unison as a team should be whether on or off the water. Really captures what a team is and should be. Great color and action. Good shot, B-Ry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the third photograph with the expression of the rower's face. He didn't seem to happy to be having his picture taken. I get the feeling from this picture that they didn't do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these photos because I can relate to them- I was a rower for 5 years and understand the feelings that are happening in these photos. The color in them is really good, everything is so clear and it looks like the natural color. i especially like the one of the 8 rolling their boat into the slings, I've seen and have been apart of this process so many times and I think you did a really good job at capturing how difficult it can be to do when your not a heavyweight guy. Good emotions.

    ReplyDelete